Youth Red Cross
The Mission of the Indian Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human suffering can be minimized and even prevented and thus contribute to create more congenial climate for peace.
The Youth Red Cross (YRC) is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized for students in Colleges and Technical institutions to render humanitarian Services. In our college, we started YRC in the year of 2000.
The YRC movement is based on the following three principles
- Protection of health and life
- Service to the sick and suffering
- Promotion of national and international friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth
Our students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group and elect their own office-bearers which gives them an experience in organizing and conducting programmes and events that kindles group work strategy in them.
The following are the very important activities which are conducted by our students.
- Arranging Medical Camps
- Collection and distribution of old clothes for victims of natural disasters.
- Tree plantation campaigns.
- Campaigns against smoking, alcoholism, and drug abuse.
- Aids Awareness campaigns
- Educating the public in Road Safety norm